Sunday, March 21, 2010

The troll collection.

A quick post.  My bedroom over looking the sea.  The trolls mentioned in the previous post are along the rail above the door. The kids and I were trying to find enough of them to catch up with my husbands age.  Clyde is 50 next week!  We have done that.  I think we had in the late 50's, last count.  They used to be easy to find, but lately they have been really hard to find at second hand shops.  Maybe someone else is collecting them too.  Oh well, the rail is full now anyway.  I like the way that occasionally one of them jumps off the rail spontaneously...due to house vibration, wind.... who knows?... but it always scares the living daylights out of me.  Lately I have found myself talking to them in the morning as I get ready for work.  Thankfully they haven't started answering me back!  Everything I use in decorating is recycled.  'Up-cycling' is a term that seems to be gaining popularity.  I like this term because it implies that the things are not just used again in the same way.  It implies that the items being recycled are being re-worked/reinvented/given a new lease of life/a new purpose.  I like the idea of creatively working with what we have and not contributing to encouraging more conspicuous consumption.
On the right side of the blog there are links to other 'blogs'/sites of people who are working with similar ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment