Saturday, August 27, 2011

Virtual Tarts @home

Dale Copeland (who I admire SO much) has just made a book about the artists who feature on her virtual tart web site.  There are about 50 Taranaki artists on the site and the book is a visual delight.   I am so proud to be a part of it. Recently she had a party at her place at Puniho.  Great fun.  This photo came from the party and has one of my favourite artists in the front left.  Alby Carter...you rock!

Tonight we have just got back from driving to Elam art school in Auckland. We drove up yesterday and back tonight.  Knackered. 5 to 6 hours each way.  Then a whole day at the varsity today before driving back.  My eldest daughter wants to go to art school next year.  We drove up for the open day. Long drive....Have I mentioned how knackered we are tonight? She so much wants to go to Elam and I know how talented she is.  She so deserves it. BUT there are 400 applicants and 120 places. Hmm. AND they seem to only look at the 12 portfolio photos of their work not their academic stuff as well. It is doing my head in tonight as I so want her to be able to do what she wants. Best go to bed now...tiredness makes for crazy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment