Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ash, volcanoes and earthquakes.

Well. It has all been happening lately! Eruptions, earthquakes in Christchurch and many other natural disasters around the world. This is the ash around our mountain from the Chilean eruption, over the last week. As we live on the mountain ranges to the right, it has made for interesting sunsets etc. Along with that the planes have been unable to fly over New Zealand due to the ash.  Hmm, natural disasters galore. Then we keep getting the Jehovah witness crowd turning up to the farm each month wanting to engage me in conversation about the coming 'rapture'.  I believe in being the best person I can be, religion or not.  I don't always get it right.  But I try and live by the motto 'harm none' and seek opportunity to contribute positively.  Does that mean I will not be taken 'on high' in the impending 'rapture' event...because I am not with an 'affiliated' religion?  My head hurts when I think about the state of the world at present, but even more so when I consider the philospical 'scaremongering' that is going on that makes it difficult for our children to grow up secure, focussed in the 'present' and being the best they can be. There is way too much doom and gloom around at the moment to make for a healthy society.

No comments:

Post a Comment