Thursday, January 7, 2010









































Loving the holidays.  Been having a 'craft-a-thon'!  Sewing up a storm!  Ploughing through all sorts of crafty things that I have been recording in my sketchbook over the last year as projects I have wanted to do.  I love the repetitive and therapeutic nature of hand sewing.... over, under, over, under, over, under....I am sure you get it.  Sewing sort of stills the mind.  One of the projects was using old blankets and recycled material and buttons to make a kite bag for our kite flying trips to the beach.  The bag also has a kite string bag inside it to hold the kite strings, tape to repair tears and scissors for quick untangling.  For fun and a challenge I have set the goal that all the projects should cost nothing and be as much as possible from recycled materials.  I like the idea of reusing/reinventing to create something useful. (The black bag behind has nothing to do with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment