Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 11-100 days project

Hmm. It is a rare thing that I do not know where something came from. I often buy black trousers from second hand shops as they go with everything. The top... I have no idea where it came from, but I love it with shorts, skirts and trousers. Goes great with orange accessories. Probably got the top at Savemart... as it is the best place for finds here. I wish I could live, here, on the edge of the national park... but have K'Road at my doorstep. The retro shops along the sea side of K'road toward Symonds street are just soooo cool and reasonably priced. It is 5 or so hours to get there by car, so I make do with what I can find here. Over the years there have been some good finds locally...but it is intense keeping an eye out for the rare item rather than just having a stroll...window shopping and and exploring the mega retro stuff avalilable in parts of Auckland. Lately I have become aware, on the occassions, that as I browse the shops in Auckland... I am 30 or so years older than the rest of the browsers. This worries me.  Have you ever heard the saying "mutton dressed as lamb?". The lime green jacket has been a favourite winter wear for about 15 years. LOVE the polka dot lining.
Photos by Charlotte-10 years and Ella 12 years




No comments:

Post a Comment