Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Big snow.




















A few weeks back we had the once in 50 years snow fall. AMAZING. It suddenly started about 6.30 a.m and we were guttered to have to head off to work around 7.30 a.m. We all desperately hoped it would still be snowing when we got home late afternoon.....but it wasn't. In the morning it just covered the fields for miles and miles around.  The bit I liked the most was the eiree silence that accompanied it. And it was so pretty.
A few weeks on, I am cursing how it has killed all my plants that had just started getting their spring growth. The Taro, Canna lillies and Puka trees have been especially hard hit.
On, what shall now be forever called the 'snow morning', I did curse and hiss alot. It was bitterly cold in the early morning trying to get covers on the horses with the snow being driven in horizontally in the dark...trying to do the cattle etc, get to school/work and get my class of new entrants on a trip to the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery by 9.00 a.m AND then discovering me and my daughter had head lice as we left home (for the 20 minute drive into town)! Oh the perils of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment